Tuesday 9 January 2018

Release, Release - Yes

When this rather ancient ‘Yes’ track popped up whilst I was out running, the lyrics immediately grabbed me. You see they underline exactly how I feel right now as we are already heading well into the second week of the New Year.

For the record or LP in this case, I actually bought the rather disappointing ‘Tormato’ album on which ‘Release Release’ features in 1978, and for the ‘Yes’ aficionados amongst you, you’ll already know it’s their last studio album featuring singer Jon Anderson and keyboards genius Rick Wakeman.

Anyway, back to the 21st Century and now that your Christmas Tree is firmly packed away in the loft and those New Year’s Resolutions of yours are broken or long forgotten – isn’t it time to plan out the year ahead and make things happen rather than settle back into the rut of 2017.

Have you heard before, hit it out, don't look back
Rock is the medium of our generation…

If only it was that easy but sadly, there’s no magic formula to make things happen yet the ingredients for a successful 2018 are all there to reach out for believe it or not. The recipe is really simple. All you do is take one big bag of determination, add a good measure of sweat and tears and bake for at least 66 days – (the time it takes for an action to become a habit I’m told). It’s the perfect dish.

Well that’s the theory but it’s far too easy to get distracted, isn’t it?

We've heard before, but we just don't seem to move
The pressure's on is there lack of concentration…

And Yes, it iss down to a lack of concentration but also down to having far too much emotional baggage IMO. The kind of baggage we need the ‘Release’ from that the lyrics of the above song hit me with when I was out there running.

Nearly everyone I meet is carrying a burden,  a guilt or a neurosis that’s killing their world and opportunity of being the person they are wanting to be.

Power defy our needs, lift us up, show us now
Show us how amid the rack of confusion…

Maybe direction is the missing ingredient? A simple map or plan showing the way out of the self-imposed maze of confusion that corrupts our path to success. I’ve been in that position myself a hundred times over and if I’m honest I’m working hard not to blame Guillian-Barre Syndrome for some or all of my short-comings right now. But I’m trying – really trying hard not to.

Drive in thoughts of high, satisfy, in a plan
Set it out for all to understand it…

When you do finally understand, then make a plan you can stick to and you’ll finally start making some headway towards your goal. It all sounds so simple - yet it is if you ‘Release Release’… it’s my new Anthem.

Lost and wondering, maybe, how it is
Seems to me, it's as simple as this…

What’s stopping you realising your dreams? And what is it you need 'Releasing' from in 2018?

Rory Coleman - rory@colemancoaching.co.uk - 24 Years' Alcohol Free
1,007 Marathons - 245 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records

No comments:

Post a Comment