Friday 1 September 2017

Zero 7 - Simple Things

The Journey's Long...
Zero 7 was the brainchild of sound engineers, Henry Binns and Sam Hardaker and this 2001 album featured one of my favourite trance anthems - Destiny.

It's well worth another listen if you haven't heard it in a while and if you can, pick a quiet time, reflect and think about your own destiny as the song unfolds inside your head. 

In my super-duper B&W Headphones, the track sounded amazing to me just now.

Possibly it's that 'Reflection Time' that we miss in our busy lives. I'm noticing more than ever that I blog a lot of the 'Time', literally about just that - 'Time'.

But it's that 'Time Out' that we all need to try and make sense of all the goings on around us. All the problems we have or encounter have one common denominator - ourselves you see - let's be honest. Our trials and tribulations are in fact a reflection of our own short-comings and failures. 

I mean who else can we really blame?

And yet we'll blame everything and everyone around us when we mess up. I mean, how on earth could any failing be of our own doing? It does make me chuckle...

This is the fascinating part of the 'Destiny Concept'. Was it 'Destiny' that I went for a run one day that lead to me running a marathon to make it my life and then write about it for you to read on here, or is it just a set of actions, coincidences and happenings that have lead you and I here today on this webpage?

Belief is an interesting thing and if you believe in God and Christianity, then everyone alive is 'Predestined' and our entrance and exit dates are already set, which makes me slightly nervous about some of the choices that I've made along the way. Luckily, I'm someone that's quite happy to go with the flow and be happy with the decisions that I've made - good or not so good so far and happy to face up to the future with whatever it brings.

Well let's face it, there's not a lot I can do to change the past is there - but I do know that I can affect the future and perhaps therefore my own destiny.

Are you in a position now to shape yours?

Rory Coleman - 998 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,640 Days' Alcohol Free - 488 Days' post GBS
Location: Cardiff, Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment