Monday 10 July 2017

Turn No More - Public Service Broadcasting (featuring James Dean Bradfield)

Lyrics:- 'Stand Firm' - Producer J Willgoose Esq.

Song Choice:- I'm loving getting to grips with PSB's latest 'Concept Album', Every Valley. The album's story depicts the history of the mining industry in Wales but more specifically chronicles the rise and decline of the country's coal industry. 

Mining in Wales provided a significant source of income to the economy of the country throughout the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries being key to the Industrial Revolution. Wales was famous the world over for its coal mining and Welsh Coal was said to burn at a higher temperature and brighter than any other coal. By 1913 for instance, Barry had become the largest coal exporting port in the world, which is some accolade and a far cry from it's now Gavin and Stacey fame.

The above track, 'Turn no more' features the 'The Manic Street Preachers' James Dean Bradfield on vocals  whom I often say 'Hello' to at 'Cafe Castan' in Llandaff Fields near my home - His voice compliments PSB’s unique blend of ‘Art Rock’ and film archives of years’ gone by and instantly got my hair standing on end on the very first listen and hitting the replay button instantly. Next time I see him, I’ll let him know just how much I love this song already and I'm looking forward to hearing it live on their tour which lands in Caerdydd in October.

Anyway, it’s the ‘Stand Firm’ lyric that I’m interested in for today’s blog as it’s easy to do any new regime for a day, a few days or even a week – Keeping it going for a month and then on past three – a whole new ball game.

Some ways of making it happen are to have some words to accompany the process:-
  • Stand Firm
  • Endurance
  • Durability.
Well, they are mine... These are the focus for me as I march on towards my sub-4 marathon goal and dream of full recovery from the Guillain–Barré Syndrome. I'm not daft as I know that these goals won't happen overnight but with the above words in place it will make me sharpen my focus and keep me out there bashing out the miles and enjoying getting to grips with ‘Standing Firm’.

What three words would you choose?

Amen

Rory Coleman - 995 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,585 Days' Alcohol Free - 433 Days' post GBS
Inspirational Running Memoir - Get your copy here.
Location: Caerdydd, Cymru

No comments:

Post a Comment