Monday 5 June 2017

Wake Up - Rage Against the Machine

Lyrics:- 'Cause what you reap is what you sow' - Commerford, de la Rocha, Morello & Wilk

Song Choice:- I can't believe this track came out in 1992 and it's the sheer volume and noise within the track that really fires me up every time I hear it. Originally written as a social comment about the racism within the American government and the counter-intelligence programs of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, it's an angry 6.02 minutes. The above line is a biblical reference (Galatians 6:7) that’s very much part of my own philosophy nowadays and I don't think anyone could ever sleep through this one...

So 
WAKE UP!

WAKE UP! - as it's Monday and the start of a new week where anything might happen.

WAKE UP! - as you are behind the wheel steering your own direction.

WAKE UP! - and do what you've said you are going to do for days, months, years.

And
WAKE UP! into having to invest time, energy and determination to get to your goal as I believe a lot of folk reckon success can be bought and not earned.

WAKE UP!


I woke up years' ago - are you still sleeping?

Rory Coleman - 992 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,552 Days' Alcohol Free - 401 Days' post GBS
Inspirational Running Memoir - Get your copy here.
Location:- Cardiff, Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment