Wednesday 19 April 2017

Desire - U2


Lyrics:- 'She's the dollars, she's my protection, she's the promise - Clayton, Evans, Hewson & Mullen

Frank Lloyd Wright, one of the world's most prominent and influential architects said, 'I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.

How right he was too - And it underlines my own thoughts today as I truly believe 'We are the architects of our own Failure'. It's a quote I often use and it's something I see manifest in both my clients and the folk I meet along my travels.

'Failure' for me really isn't an option, especially if it's something that I've set as a 'Personal Goal' or as a 'Lifestyle Limitation'. As for running in deserts? Well that's down to 'Desire' and how much hardship you are prepared to go through to battle on when the lights are all saying red, and the body and mind's battery levels are critically low. Some of the folk that dropped out of last week's Marathon des Sables will already be thinking that they should have or could have carried on - Your see it just didn't matter enough -  at that moment in time or at any time for that matter.

It did for me though, but then I see things differently as I'm from the Frank Lloyd Wright school of thought. It doesn't make you popular I can tell you - My 'Monochrome' thought process doesn't take prisoners. But then it never has, as I don't understand why folk will say one thing and then do another. 

Why commit to something knowing that completion isn't an option? The armies of FB 'At least you tried' Admirers only fuels my 'Monochronicity'. Never surrounding oneself with 'Failure Enablers' has been a fundamental 'Life Rule' since 1994. I believe that it's one’s own dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion that terminates any 'Bad Behavioural Process' not a book.

Yes, there are lots of resources out there that can help the process happen - but actually it's down to YOU and YOU alone. Making the Promise, the Promise to yourself that is, that's the hardest thing. 

Never giving up, well that's easy.

More tomorrow.

Rory Coleman - 989 Marathons - 243 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,505 Days' Alcohol Free
1 Inspirational Running Memoir - Get your copy here.
Location: Caerdydd, Cymru

No comments:

Post a Comment