Wednesday 1 March 2017

Elise - Thomas Newman

Damon & Blunt at their best...
Song Choice:- Well here's a choice of song that will be controversial within the Family Coleman as recently, Mother Coleman says my blogs are 'Deep but Depressing', and Lady Coleman thinks this particular track is quote ' A Real Wrist Slasher' - So I've decided to ignore their feedback and I'm adding 'None of them are you' from the same album for added pain for the non-believers especially as it follows on quite nicely from 'Elise'... and hey, if we all liked the same stuff life would be boring wouldn't it...

For the record, I think both tracks from Thomas Newman's 'Adjustment Bureau Soundtrack Album' are totally bloody amazing! Truly evocative, especially if you've seen the film itself and if you haven't, here's a brief clip of it for you to see what you've been missing. 

It's one of my all time-favourites.

The music really fits my mood right now as you see it's been a very interesting day, with a classical theme and a complete spectrum of folk to train and meet. More will follow in the next few weeks on that and I could have chosen something more musically classical but if I'm being honest I don't really know my Brahms from my Liszt, so this is about as classical as this particular Coleman gets - or even wants to.

I think it's the concept and the imagery of the film that I love and the music accompanies it perfectly. But then again, I like a lot of Newman soundtracks to movies such as 'American Beauty' and 'Road to Perdition' which btw are also in the 'Wrist Slasher' category in our home movie collection.

Anyway, the thing I found most interesting about today is the complete spectrum of opinion, choice and decisions that we make about absolutely EVERYTHING that affects the world that exists inside our heads and the immediacy of sharing it with anyone willing who'll listen to them.

Why do we care so much what other people think? I can make my own mind up - can't you?


Don't get me wrong as I'm as guilty as the next man but I'm willing to stand out from the crowd and make my decisions and stand by them. You see I know other people aren't like me and 'None of them are YOU' either. So think-on...

More tomorrow from the Cliff-Edge, get your wrists and Band-Aids ready :-)

Rory Coleman - 983 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,456 Days' Alcohol Free
1 Inspirational Running Memoir - Get your copy here.
Location: Cardiff, Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment