Friday 3 February 2017

Revolution - The Cult

Lyric:- 'What does 'Revolution' mean to you?' - Astbury & Duffy

Song Choice:- It's a track from one of my albums of the 80's. Described as a 'Power-ballad' on 'Wiki', I believe this track is grittier than that and that it's lyrics are more questioning than this say of 'The Voice' by John Farnham, which I would say deserves it's 'Power Ballad' status more.

Anyway, it's the 'Revolution' bit that I'm interested in for today's blog and if you look at the dictionary definition, you'll read 'a forcible overthrow of a government or social order, in favour of a new system', a pretty powerful description indeed. On looking for synonyms in Google, I got 'rebellionrevoltinsurrectionmutinyuprisingriot, rioting and rising' to list just a few. This again proved to me just how strong the word 'Revolution' really is.

And it's that 'Personal Revolt' that has accompanied certain pivotal times in my life, and that I see manifest in the clients that I coach after we start working together.

It made me wonder why I needed the 'Revelation' of a 'Revolution' to sort myself out all those years ago but I did and it's worked perfectly in the long term. Along the way, there have been many Mini-Revolutions that just adjust my steering along life's path. And if I'm being honest, I can feel one coming on right now. Call it Coleman-Intuition... are you in the same boat?

If you are in the same place as I am right now, you'll recognise the signs and hopefully you won't feel alone. You never know you might find out that your feelings of 'Revolution' are the same as mine or someone else you know.

Rory Coleman - 980 Marathons - 241 Ultras
13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8,430 Days' Alcohol Free.
Inspirational Running Memoir - Get your copy here.
Location: Caerdydd, Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment