Tuesday 3 January 2017

Granite - Pendulum

Bridge Talk
Lyrics:- 'Just leave this place behind, I'll clear your bloodshot mind' - Thompson

Song Choice:- 'Just how much stronger can you get than 'Granite' especially when it's being hurled at you by the 'Drum and Bass' duo - Pendulum. I'm amazed at just how many people haven't heard of them, take a listen here and see what you've been missing.

Anyway, this is a blog about being 'S T R O N G'.

I mean really 'S T R O N G'. 

'S T R O N G E R' than you've ever been before...

Because right now, you'll need to be especially if you are taking on some new 'Life Rules' or are into the first few days of being alcohol free in 2017. Right now I've got the same mindset that I had back in 1994. Ok it's a more clouded view perhaps following last year's events but I upped the training today with a six miler across and back over the Old Severn Bridge at sundown.
Old Severn Crossing Panorama


Yikes I felt 'S T R O N G', and it felt like the old me running over one of my favourite places on the planet and it was just what I needed to keep the momentum going towards this year's Marathon des Sables.

Don't get me wrong, as 'One run doesn't make a Summer' but I felt the fading sunlight shone on me for a while this evening. I'd be interested to know if the sun is still shining on your January or if the clouds are starting to gather?

More tomorrow...

Rory Coleman - 980 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,399 Days' Alcohol Free.
www.ColemanCoaching.co.uk
Location: Caerdydd, Cymru

No comments:

Post a Comment