Monday 16 January 2017

End of the Beginning - Black Sabbath

Today's Message Here
Lyric:- 'Is this the end of the beginning? Or the beginning of the end?' - Iommi, Osbourne & Ward

Song Choice:- I love the paradoxical conundrum of the lyrics on this later Sabbath offering. It illustrates my thoughts today very nicely indeed as after watching the latest 'Bourne' film franchise offering, it got me thinking about films with lack lustre plots and disappointing endings.

Ok, I should know what to expect watching another 'Bourne' film as they have become very formulaic, just as the '007' ones have and don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it none the less but it wasn't as good as the others. It's like going to a fast food restaurant where you know what you are going to get yet it won't burst your taste buds and satisfy your appetite for too long.

If only we could change film plots and endings - there's a thought...

Russell crowe would never die in my 'Gladiator' for sure and Leonardo would survive the 'Titanic' going on to live happily ever after with Rose. Luckily for us though, we can make changes to my own life-stories as they play out, yet a lot of the time we decide to sit back and settle for less until the credits play out.

Why is that? And why are we happy to do the same things, make the same mistakes and deliver so-so performances - Oscars are few and far between in my book.

So have a think today. Are you living a 'Bourne-Again Existence' off a very tired menu? Or have you simply lost the plot?

Cut!!!

Rory Coleman - 980 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,412 Days' Alcohol Free
My Book - 'A Rebel and a Runner' is available here
Location: Cardiff, Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment