Friday 13 January 2017

Drive - The Cars

My Driving Message
Lyric:- 'Whose gonna pick you up when you fall' - Ocasek

Song Choice:- The Cars are one of my favourite bands of the 70's and 80's, and 'Drive' defines their greatest chart success post Band Aid fame, of course.

When you listen to the lyrics, the song is one of self-realisation. A realisation 'that things aren't so great' perhaps - ironically as it's a polar opposite of yesterday's blog message. Yet maintaining our 'Drive' or even having it in the first place can be difficult to self-administer.

The way I think about 'Drive' is to think about an automatic car - to move forwards you shift from P, through N to D. But then it's down to how hard you accelerate that affects your progress. Remember, no journey is ever driven at a constant speed.

So why do we live life under a constant pressure and why train with in a similar method?

I don't know about you, but I feel pretty weary today at the end of a very busy week. So I'm taking my foot off my gas pedal but will keep myself in 'Drive' until I feel ready to push on with my journey.

It's not a weakness and it shows a real strength of character to have a time-out and recharge ones batteries.

How's your 'Drive', or has it Driven off and left you behind?

Rory Coleman - 980 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,409 Days' Alcohol Free.
Get your copy of 'A Rebel and a Runner' here.
Location: Caerdydd, Cymru

No comments:

Post a Comment