Tuesday 10 January 2017

Distance - Toxic Federation

Today's Video Message
Lyric:- Distance, you'll find a way - Emms


Song Choice:- I wanted to blog today about 'The Journey' towards your fitness goal or new life, with new rules and the notion of distance came to mind along with the 2011 track from the now disbanded Derby rock band Toxic Federation. The one with my Son, George on lead guitar. Take a listen here as they were bloody good IMO.

Anyway, hopefully you are now on double figures into your fitness journey. After 10 days on the road to success, you should now be well into your stride and rhythm. I found that 10 days into my London2Lisbon run, I'd got everything in place and could only think of the route ahead and not of the distance I'd covered. Funnily enough though, later on in the journey though I laid out all of the route maps together and the enormity of the distance I'd covered then hit home.

Also after 10 days of doing anything, you should still feel pretty fresh, so I say to you today to congratulate yourself on how far you've come already and enjoy the ride as it's covering the 'Distance' that I enjoy the most.

Happy Day 10...

Rory Coleman - 980 Marathons - 241 Ultras
13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8,406 Days' Alcohol Free.
Location: Cardiff, Cymru

No comments:

Post a Comment