Monday 9 January 2017

Cool for Cats - Squeeze

Cool Wall Message
Lyrics:- 'And everybody tells me that it's cool to be a cat' - Difford & Tilbrook

Song Choice:- I was lucky enough to see Squeeze on their Cool for Cats tour supporting the mighty Tubes at Hammersmith Odeon in 1979. Geez they were loud - they were f@cking brilliant too. I remember thinking then just how good the unknown keyboard player 'Jools Holland' was...

Anyway, less of Squeeze and more of being a 'Cool Cat', whatever that is. I'd like to say 'Prince was cool but he's no longer with us, so that makes him uncool, along with Bowie and umpteen more deceased rock and pop stars.

No, I'm thinking more of the cool people that we know of personally or have met. Sir Ranulph fits my 'Cool Profile' perfectly. I think it's fair to say that what he's accomplished in his 72 years is pretty damn 'Cool' if I'm being honest.

Then again, I'm sure we all have our own 'Cool Heroes' and my point is to live by some of their ideals and become a 'Cool Cat' yourself too.

Is that something you can do to make that happen? And who is your 'Cool Cat Hero'?

Funny thing is, one day if you try hard, you might've someone else's 'Cool for Cat'

Rory Coleman - 980 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,405 Days' Alcohol Free.
Location: Cardiff, Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment