Friday 6 January 2017

Bad Medicine - Bon Jovi

'Only Good Medicine'
Lyrics:- 'I don't need no needle to be giving me a thrill' - Bon Jovi, Child & Sambora

Song Choice:- There's nothing like a bit of 1988 'Hair Metal' to give Friday a bit of a lift. Check it out here if you've forgotten just how much these guys rocked it out. I was lucky enough to see them in 1992 and their show was certainly something else...

Anyway today's blog is more about 'Good Medicine' if I'm being honest but it all depends how you look at things at the time. Working out at 8am, being stretched out of my comfort zone - by someone else - Yikes, that was a bitter pill to swallow. Yet, it was just the spoonful of 'Training Linctus' that I needed to be prescribed.

Sure, I'm aching now and will be aching even more tomorrow no doubt but I know deep down that I need to get stronger if I want to run for longer and get faster then this is what's really going to help me. But then going back to basics never did anyone any harm and even a Coach needs Coaching sometimes. Having someone else do the thinking made a refreshing change so thanks Joe.

If I'm being honest, it was long overdue, but it just took a bit of time to get mentally strong enough to take the plunge and the thrill was all mine.

Have a think yourself and are you in need of a spoonful of self-medication?

Rory Coleman - 980 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 23 Years' Alcohol Free.
www.ColemanCoaching.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment