Friday 25 November 2016

I Can See Clearly Now - Jimmy Cliff

Lyrics:- 'Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind' - Nash

Song Choice:- I've chosen the Jimmy Cliff version from the brilliant 1993 'Cool Runnings' film as the 1972 Johnny Nash feels pretty dated now and not as clearly as 'bright' in my opinion. Have a listen for yourself here and have a bright, (bright) sunshiny day...

So, moving on, they say we have five senses of perception (hearing, sight, touch, smell, and taste) and possibly a sixth (extrasensory perception or ESP) too. There must be, as there would never have been the excellent 'Sixth Sense' movie (which incidentally they stopped showing on a flight I was on going to Jordan one time, just a couple of minutes before the end of the film, so we could land hence missing the twist). Talk about losing the plot...one more circuit of Amman Airport wouldn't have hurt eh? I never saw the 'Dead Person'...

Anyway, I reckon there's even a 'Seventh' sense, few people possess it and it's called 'CLARITY'.

What do I mean? Well it's just that. An ability to see things clearly for what they are, both in one's own life and what is being broadcast to us by the people around us. In my work, I meet a lot of folk who are in total denial and can't see their own 'Elephant in the Room'... it's amazing how liberating it is for them when it's highlighted to them. 'Clarity' for them is so liberating. For my client on Day Three of their new booze free life, the 'Clarity' is so bright, it's nearly blinding.

The other one is how many times do you feel you've been sold to and bought the wrong thing, only to regret it later? It's one of my pet hates... If you were a victim of PPI, you'll understand. Don't get me started on Black Friday... it's pure propaganda.

But then again, we are all surrounded by such propaganda. Take a look at any large news website like www.msn.co.uk. There's always seems to be a positive Government and Royals' story on there as well as some celebrity noise surrounding a new tv show or album release. The ex-Top Gear guys being interviewed on the BBC about their new Amazon Grand Tour extravaganza made me chuckle. I wonder how many £59 Amazon Prime memberships they made on that one. Hopefully for Amazon, it's lots as they've got a cool £160m to recoup... the latest 'Clarkson' racism story, yesterday preluded episode two quite nicely.

It all sounds a bit cynical, doesn't it? It's not though... it's so obvious and I'm sure it's just as obvious for you too. The sad thing is our own 'Clarity' gets clouded by our work, our home lives and for some, the dreaded booze. A simple life-laundry sorts this one out I've found and if you are on that journey, you'll understand just where I'm coming from.

Then again, it doesn't matter where we are coming from, it's where we are going that counts. And that bit's up to you and looking through a window into your world, only makes me feel excited. Shaking off the 'Life-Blinkers' and seeing things for what they are can only make your life better... So, activate your 'Seventh Sense' then when you'll look straight ahead and there will be nothing but blue skies.

know as mine are totally cloud-free...

Rory Coleman - 979 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8359 Days' Alcohol Free.
www.RoryColeman.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment