Monday 19 September 2016

When the Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin

Lyric:- 'Don't it make you feel bad'

Song Choice:- This is my favourite all time Zeppelin track and one I've run to many a time. I listened to it today as I headed to my first consultant's appointment, (on foot of course) thinking about what I've achieved over the past few weeks; and then over the last 22 years. I've got a few more years left in me yet apparently.

Anyway, neither's been easy. Over-coming serious illness and addiction takes a lot of self discipline, yet we live in a strange old world where some little white tablets can bring mobility to life and where we let the stupid people at Tesco sell wine into our already struggling alcohol abused society, for less than £5 a bottle.

Now I know we live in a world of choice but we've been getting the idea of slamming the £'s onto cigarettes for sometime now and I reckon it's time for the cheap drain cleaner, the Supermarkets are pushing in every last corner of their stores, to get the same treatment, don't you?

Two bottles of wine for £9 - It really pisses me off!

What would be good is for one of the big players to stop selling both Alcohol and Cigarettes. How mighty would that be? You know, stand up for once and make a difference to society. I wonder how long it's going to take?

My lifetime? Your lifetime? The limited lifetimes of people who rely on buying this cheap shit? When's that LEVY going to break eh?

Rory Coleman
976 Marathons - 241 Marathons - 9 Guinness World Records - 13 Marathon des Sables
www.RoryColeman.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment