Tuesday 13 September 2016

One Slip - The Pink Floyd

Lyric:- 'One slip and down the hole We fall - Gilmour & Manzanera

Song Choice:- Not one of your best known Floyd anthems but a brilliant offering from 'The Momentary Lapse of Reason Album of 1987 and one of my favourites too.

And it's that 'One Slip' that interested in for today's blog. You see we live our lives on a knife-edge I believe and although I wouldn't advocate permanently wearing a crash-helmet and never getting out of bed, I would like to point out here that hi-viz alone can't save anyone from a whole world of pain.

So 'Beware' I say...and let's face it, how on earth does anyone reach old age when there's so much danger in every single thing we do, I'll never know but if you go steady, you'll hopefully get there safely.

Maybe it's more of a 'Momentary Lapse of Concentration' that changes our respective worlds sometimes for the better as well as thee worse.

But then life's a bit of a lottery ain't it and its a whole lot better with a winning ticket?

Rory Coleman - 976 Marathons - 241 Ultras
13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8287 Days' Alcohol Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment