Thursday 15 September 2016

News of the World - The Jam

Lyric:-'The truth is in what you see, not what you read' - Foxton

Song Choice:- I loved a bit of The Jam at the time and can't believe that's this track is nearly 40 years old now. 

Anyway, on a day of headlines that include a new nuclear power station being built by the French with Chinese investment at Hinkley Point just over the water from us here in Cardiff and 'Bake Off' going to Channel 4, I often wonder what we are supposed to believe in what we are told by our news sources. I mean, just who IS interested in baking some old cakes eh?

So a lot of the time, although I keep a keen eye on what's happening in the news, I tend not to worry too much about the things I can't control and concentrate on making my own headlines. They don't have to be earth shattering, hold the front page news-stories either - they can be simple no nonsense one liners.

Why not have a go yourself and see what headlines, you come up with about yourself today. Yesterday I would have reported on clocking up my first 30,000 step day since last April as a major headline but I'd also write that I'd helped a good friend become more comfortable about undertaking his first 100 mile race. Have a think?

Today's Front Page is there waiting for you and totally blank. It's just asking for your news.

What are you saying about yourself today?

Rory Coleman - 976 Marathons - 241 Ultras
13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8289 Days' Alcohol Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment