Thursday 4 August 2016

Walk Away - Black Sabbath

Lyric:- 'I guess it's do or die' - Butler, Dio, Iommi & Ward

Song Choice:- Well, I had to choose a song with 'Walk' in the title and the 1980 Sabbath classic immediately came to mind. No Ozzy but Ronnie James Dio giving it plenty on the vocals suggesting that it's a do or die kinda thing which is an interesting way of thinking about my continuing rehab.

I won't go into the minutiae of those four fledgling steps, all I will say is that between two parallel bars somewhere in Llandaff, I had a life-moment that I'll never forget. No-one else will understand, how much that meant to me some ninety days after my initial admission to hospital.
Today, I moved a mountain...
Not physically but mentally, it's a huge psychological battle to overcome. A real battle of wills where your mind is constantly analyzing your ability and your brain is considering if it believes your own hype.
Tomorrow, I've got to get up and move the goal-posts, whichI  will of course, I'm making it my priority. Everything from here on in, is a bonus.
Do or Die? I've died a few times along the way and terrified myself and those around me witless, but I walked four bloody steps today and that's just magic.



More tomorrow.

Rory Coleman
976 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 4 Steps
www.RoryColeman.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment