Tuesday 23 August 2016

Step On - Happy Mondays

Lyric:- 'Don't you know he can make you forget you're the man' - Day, Ryder, Ryder & Whelan

Song Choice:- Well, I feel like I'm the man again, especially as I walked 11,000+ steps today and the Monday's classic seems a fitting tribute and I hope you approve as it's a great song.

Anyway, safely walking that quantity of steps today, means I can now move onto the next level of my rehab and reconsider my goals and dreams for the months ahead. It's a really exciting prospect as 'I've forgotten that I'm the Man' these past few months. Guillain Barre Syndrome does that to you. It takes your identity and simply turns it to dust...

Well, I'm back feeling like I'm finally doing something after 226 days in this ' Out of Body and Mind Experience' and my sense of determination and achievement at last feels satisfied.


And yes, I know not to go overdoing it, but if you look at my running career and especially the 22 years' of injury-free running, you'll appreciate I've always been careful and know where my limit of human endurance truly is. Even though I've done some tough old races and feats, I've always had a clear picture of myself completing the task in hand. 

So it should come as no surprise that I've got clear ideas of where my future lies. I won't share them yet as I'm going to enjoy the next few months rebuilding, savouring and remembering that I'm the man.

Do you need to remember you're the man/woman too?

More tomorrow...

Rory Coleman
976 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 1 Vision
  www.RoryColeman.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment