Monday 8 August 2016

I Feel Free - Cream

Lyric:- 'You're the sun and as you shine on me - I feel free' - Brown & Bruce

Song Choice:- 'I Feel Free' was recorded fifty years ago in September 1966. The track was recorded on an Ampex reel-to-reel tape recorder and it's only 2.49 minutes long. It's so short that as soon as the intro 'bomb bombs' start, the single is playing out to fade. It's a great song that features Eric Clapton on guitar and well worth a listen if you haven't heard it before.

Anyway, whilst my sun is still shining, and I feel free, I wonder whether you feel free?

Can you say you enjoyed true freedom today? 

Maybe you can't and you feel trapped by guilt, alcohol, drugs, people, money, family, time, food, illness, etc. If you are, it's a tragedy.

It's funny that fifty years ago folk certainly weren't as free as we are today, but had more time perhaps as life was far less complicated. With our Wi-Fi connected 24/7, our Google filled lives haven't any space left in them to fill as the post-cold-war, transistorised world was less addicted to it's daily dose of maximum loading.

Am I guilty? 

Yep, I'm guilty as charged BUT my current Hospital Boot Camp experience is teaching me that when I do finally get home, I will enjoy a new found freedom as after three months of liberation, 'I do in fact feel free'.

Don't miss out on the sunshine folks... get it whilst you can!

Rory Coleman
976 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables - 18 Unaided Steps - 8251 Days' Dry
www.RoryColeman.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment